Friday, December 10, 2010

Customer Response..

Ok so we thought we should visit COORG for leisure stay this year. Like wise set about making enquiries for the homestays. yes it’s a bit late for enquiries for Dec 25 weekend. But well… whats the harm in trying.

Of the many I wrote my mails to I wrote one to “Gowri NIVAS” . People who know my mail writing capabilities will vouch for the formality and detail I included and well, know what answer I got

A One Liner and that too in lower letters– “ sorry not available ”

Do these people not realize that by sending such terse one liners, they stand to lose potential customers? Or are they not bothered at all about that?

I have decided to not ever consider this homestay in the future, If the answer to a polite enquiry is a terse one liner then .. well I can wonder the quality of the hospitality they will provide!!

No comments: